On Tuesday the 1st of August in 1933, R.Matthews & Son Pty Ltd was first registered as Auctioneers and Commission Agents in Chardon’s Corner, Annerley. Selling real estate and executing wills for local agent John Coleman since the 1920s, the father and son team of Robert and Leslie Matthews decided to break out and start their own company. A moment in history that set the wheels in motion for the Matthew’s Real Estate of today.
First registered as Auctioneers & Commission Agents in Chardon’s Corner
First located near the Mary Immaculate Church on the outbound side of Ipswich Road, the office was relocated across the road before settling in the building on the corner of Cracknell Road where it still is today, over eight decades later.
We moved to Cracknell Road where it still is today, over eight decades later
In 1962 at the young age of 21, Trevor Matthew’s career in real estate was launched quickly due to the sudden passing of his father, Leslie. Joined a few years later by his brother Ken, they enjoyed an unbroken partnership of 49 years together before Ken’s retirement in 2014.
Leslie & his brother Ken take the reigns, beginning a partnership lasting 49 years
To this day, Matthews Real Estate is still family owned and operated, with Trevor Matthews continuing as the current Principal Licensee. Now joined by his son Russell, daughters Michelle and Kerry, and nephew Darren, the Matthews name continues on across four generations displaying the same family principles and trusted reputation in our local community.
Owned & operated by Trevor Matthews, we are still family run four generations later