On this page, you can find our general tenancy information as well as the RTA Pocket Guide for Tenants and important tenancy info & forms. For further information regarding your rights as a tenant, you can visit the Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA).
Tenant’s and lessors or managers both have rights and responsibilities during a tenancy agreement. Understanding what the general renting rules will avoid problems.
Renting responsibilities for Tenants
- Pay rent on time
- Keep the property clean, tidy and undamaged
- If damage occurs, or maintenance is required, report it straight away by email or through the Maintenance Manager app, and request repairs.
- Keep to the terms of your tenancy agreement
- Respect your neighbours’ right to peace and quiet
View RTA Pocket Guide
Renting responsibilities for Owners or Managers
- Respect tenants’ privacy and comply with entry requirements
- Carry out repairs and maintenance
- Meet all health and safety laws
- Lodge bond with the RTA
View RTA Owner’s Guide